When you start working online, you need a mode to send and receive payment. Usually you can use your credit card or debit card to make payment online but to receive Payment, you need to take help of services like PayPal ( PayPal Account ), Google Wallet.
PayPal has been one of the oldest and trusted service to send and receive Payment. Especially if you are from Asia or United States you will find PayPal service to be the best when it comes to receiving Payment from overseas.
Do remember, most of the advertising network (if you are a blogger) pays using PayPal, so it’s essential to have a Paypal account.
When you open up a PayPal account, you can start sending payment right away (After linking with your debit or credit card) but to receive Payment you need to link your PayPal account to your bank account. This will remove the withdrawal limit from your PayPal account, and you will be able to withdraw money from your PayPal account to your bank account.
Here are the few important things that you should know about being a PayPal restrictions for few asian country like India. For other countries, there is no such limitation & you can keep money in your PayPal account.
- Indian Paypal user could store and use money in their PayPal account to send payment or buy any goods online. But in 2010, RBI imposed new set of rules on PayPal, and now you can only withdraw money from your PayPal account to Bank account. ( You can’t use PayPal money directly for online purchases or Payment). This is indeed a problem as you will end up paying conversion fees twice, but at this moment there is no solution to this. If you have any relative outside India, you can ask them to create a PayPal account for you, which you can use without any such limit or restriction.
- An Indian PayPal user can’t send or receive money from other Indian PayPal user.
Benefits of using a PayPal account:
- You will be able to make online payment without exposing your credit card details.
- You can use Debit card to make payment. This helps many who don’t have a credit card.
- You can receive Payment from overseas account. (Such as client, advertising payment).
- Many online services charge recurring payment. When you pay with Paypal, you can anytime cancel the recurring payment. Here is a tutorial for the same.
- You can send mass payment using Paypal.
- You can create and send invoice directly to your client.
PayPal is the safest and the best internet service allowing users to send and receive payments with 0% extra fees. As my readers are mostly blog owners, SEO masters or online earners, So PayPal is a must for them. But most of them don’t know how to open a new full fledged verified PayPal account?. So this is for them
NOTE: You must be 18+ to have a PayPal Account under your name
Sources you need to create Verified PayPal account
- First of all you need a PAN (Personal Account Number) CARD, its a must and without this you cannot have a verified account. You can submit an application form using this link. Usually it takes a month for your PAN card to reach your home.
- An Indian Bank account ( I prefer SBI or CBI ), I have seen some of my friends struggling with some other Banks. Neither Online/ Net banking nor ATM/Credit Card is required.
- An Email account (Recommended: Gmail Account)
Step by Step procedure to Create a verified PayPal account:
Go to PayPal.com and click on Sign Up Now button.
On next page, you will have to select “Individual account” and “Business account”. If you are a blogger, I would recommend going for Individual account. In case, in the future, if you ever need a Business account, you can upgrade your individual account to business instantly from PayPal dashboard. Now select your account type and click on continue.
On next page, you need to select your country and provide your email address and password for your PayPal account. If you are done, click on continue.
Now, here you need to fill out the form with your personal information. once you are done, check the box to agree and click on Agree and Create account.
Here on this page, you can enter your Credit/Debit card details or o you can skip and link it later by clicking on “I’ll link my card later”. Now a message will appear confirming skip, Click on Yes, Skip it.
In this next page click on the account to visit your PayPal dashboard.
Now your PayPal account is created successfully. Please, you must remember, when you open a PayPal account in India, it’s a limited PayPal account. With a limited account you can send Payment to anyone using your credit or debit card, but to receive payment you need a verified PayPal account in India.
Completing PayPal Task
On your PayPal dashboard, click on complete your tasks.
For a fully functional PayPal account, you need to complete 4 tasks.
- Provide PAN
- Confirm Email
- Link/Add Bank Account
- Provide Purpose Code
Task 1: Provide PAN
You need to add a PAN to receive payments into your PayPal account and make withdrawals to your bank account in India.
Your PAN card name should be exactly same as your PayPal account name. If you don’t have a PAN card yet, then you should create a PayPal account in the name of your parents.
Provide 10-digit alphanumeric code as on your PAN card and click on submit.
Task 2: Confirming Email
When you signup for PayPal account, you will get an Email from PayPal containing the link to confirm your email and verify your PayPal account.
In order to receive payment, you must confirm your Email.
Task 3: Adding/Linking Bank Account To PayPal Account
You must add a bank account to receive payments into your PayPal account. This process could take 2-3 days to complete. To link your bank account click on start in front of Add bank account. Now you will be taken to next page where you need to add following bank details:
- Your Name (Name on your Bank account must match your name on PAN card)
- Your Bank Account
- Your Bank NEFT IFSC Code
If you don’t know your bank branch IFSC code then go to your bank official site and search for it or you can ask your bank customer care for it. Or you can simply Google it with Your bank name, branch, IFSC code.
Once you are done with adding your bank account details. Make sure all information is correct and clicks on review.
Now PayPal will send 2 small deposits in your bank account within 4-5 days. Check your bank account for deposits.
Once you received these small deposits in your bank account, log in to your PayPal account. Click on Get Verified at the top and you will be taken to next page. Now enter the small amount in the boxes and click on confirm.
Now you have completed verification of your bank account and PayPal linking.
Task 4: Add PayPal Purpose Code
Now you need to provide purpose code for your account.
As per Indian regulations, you must add purpose code for withdrawing payments to your bank account from your PayPal account.
Purpose code indicates the type or nature of business for which you are receiving payments to your PayPal account. It simply helps RBI to track the nature and type of transaction that’s going on.
To add purpose code, click on start in front of Add Purpose Code. If you are receiving payment for affiliate commissions or advertising, select “Advertising and Market Research” or select whatever you find appropriate.
This Purpose code is your default purpose code. You can select any other purpose code at the time of withdrawing funds to your Bank account from your PayPal account.
For Indian PayPal, account money is withdrawn automatically to your bank account every day. But you can also manually do so.
It may take 5-6 working days for the money to be credited to your bank account.
Linking Credit Card/ Debit Card With Indian PayPal Account
If have successfully linked your bank account to your PayPal account then this step is optional. Your PayPal will be fully functional without credit card or debit card details if you have already linked your bank account to PayPal account.
But in case you want to make payments through PayPal then you need to link debit or credit card with your PayPal account. To link your credit card or debit card to your bank account, then on your PayPal dashboard, click on Link debit/credit card.
You will not face any issue while linking your credit card to your PayPal account. But the debit card of few banks works with PayPal.
Few debit card which works fine with PayPal account:
- ICICI Bank
- HDFC Bank Platinum Chip Debit Card
- Axis Bank
- CITI Bank
I am personally using ICICI debit card and I can assure you that ICICI debit card works with Paypal India.
In case if you want to add a new credit card or debit card or edit/remove existing credit card or debit card, then you can do so by going to Profile >> Link/Edit Credit Card.
Some Final Points about PayPal
- Never try to search for PayPal money adders etc. they are all made to hack your account.
- Use a very strong Password.
- You can link your credit card anytime with your account.
- For Indian accounts, Once you receive payment on your PayPal account it will be automatically sent to your Bank account within 3-7 days. I haven’t still found a step to stop this automatic process.
Start earning now. Check out some of our Online Earning Methods.
I hope this guide helped you to know everything about creating and verifying your PayPal account. If you have any query or want to share more tricks related to PayPal, let us know via comment.
Enjoyed reading this guide? Do share it on Facebook and Google plus.