One of the basic feature of Twitter is Direct Messages, popularly known as DM in short. If you use Twitter DM a lot to communicate with your friends on Twitter then, you may a have lots of messages in your DM Inbox. Though it does not affect your Twitter account in any way, chances are that you would like to delete your Twitter DM and clean your inbox someday.
Twitter does not provide the facility to delete the Twitter direct messages in bulk. If you want to delete Twitter DMs then, you will have to delete the messages manually one by one.
Though the official Twitter mobile app let you delete a bulk of messages of a conversation with a particular user, it does not let you delete all Twitter DM together with one click. But now there is a nice and useful Twitter app is available using which you can delete all your Twitter direct messages in one click.
You’ll find out all the details in just a minute but before we go any further, here are 3 reasons why you might want to delete all of your direct messages:
- You get a lot of spam messages from Twitter spammers and you want to clear your inbox
- You replied to all of your direct messages and you want to use your direct message inbox as a notification system of when you receive new messages
- You’ve never cleaned our your inbox before and you have hundreds of messages that are cluttering up your inbox
I use my direct message inbox as a notification system to let me know of messages that I haven’t replied to yet.
Delete All Twitter Direct Messages Using Twitter DM Cleaner
Everyday, I reply to people who have direct messaged me and after I’m done, I delete all of the remaining direct messages.
Most of the direct messages that I receive consist of spam, people trying to sell me something that I haven’t solicited, a boring automated direct message, etc.
Steps to Delete All Twitter Messages at Once
1. Go to DM Cleaner and Click on Sign in with Twitter.
2. Click on authorize DM Cleaner App to use your account.
3. Once logged in, DM Cleaner will check all your DMs and will show the total number of DMs in your Twitter Inbox and Outbox.
4. It will also show you lots of option which are available for you to delete Twitter DMs in various ways like the above image.
You can select to delete all DMs from your Twitter Inbox and Outbox. You can also select either just to delete all sent DMs or all received DMs.
I hope these information’s are useful to you. If you find the information in this post useful, share this post with your friends.